It can be so frustrating to attract your crush or to go out of your way to meet someone new. The dating phase can be specifically tricky, and you've probably tried every trick in the book just to attract your crush- but nothing has worked. This is where cheesy pickup lines come into the picture.
Through the use of cheesy pick-up lines, you have the chance of capturing the attention of the person you like. Cheesy pick-up lines have been proven to be more effective, and it's the perfect chance to make them laugh, or even impress them.
You know what they say, first impressions can make or break you- and this is why cheesy pick-up lines will be your advantage in attracting the person you want. They also say that first impressions last forever, so make it count with your pick-up line.
In this article, we'll be listing out 51 cheesy pick-up lines to benefit your dating life and potentially help you in finding a partner. But first, we must get to know the history behind pick-up lines, so we know why we would even try this out to swoon a woman or man.
Even more so, who was the first person to ever use a pick-up line, is it documented? Why do pick-up lines even work when we know some of them are total bologna? We wanted to know the ins and outs of pick-up lines ourselves, so before we tell you what to say, let's find out a little bit as to why we say them.
Brief History of the Pick-up Line
While the first pick-up line ever wasn't exactly recorded in the history books, one has to wonder where such a thing came from. In the beginning days of pick-up lines, it was more of a comedic thing than anything and they were known as "chat-up" lines, as a way to make a girl laugh and then chat with you.
Perhaps the coolest part of these cheesy one-liners is the fact that they started out in comedy skits and in cheesy plays, where the actors were trying to swoon their lady or their crush and instead, they would just make her (and the audience) laugh. This probably explains why most pick-up lines just sound so funny instead of appealing.
Obviously, there is some kind of appeal to these lines though right, otherwise, they wouldn't have worked for so long, right?
Why do Cheesy Pick-up Lines Work?
Ok, so they might not always work, but in general, what makes something so corny and almost something that seems so disingenuine, work so well on most people? Why is it that something so small can really be the thing that starts (or even kills) a relationship?
The laughter that comes with it is the key. They say laughter is the best medicine, laughter brings you closer together, and if you can make a girl laugh she'll love you forever. So when you greet someone with a silly and fun, yet cheesy pick-up line and you make them laugh - you just might have set the tone for your entire, brand new relationship.
If you can make someone laugh one of the first times they meet you, especially the first time they ever meet you, that's something that never goes away, it sticks in their mind forever, and they'll go their whole day, maybe even their whole week, thinking about you and what you said or did to make them laugh. There's also something intriguing about someone who can make you laugh, it certainly makes you wonder what else they could do for you if they could stimulate your brain.
Which Pick-up Line do I Use?
There isn't really a set of rules when it comes to pick-up lines, you either say it and she/he likes it or you say it and they roll their eyes and walk away - it really just depends on the person you are talking to and the environment you are in. Which points us to the answer, be wary of the environment you are in when you decide to bring out your comedic skills to your crush.
Why does the environment you are in matter so much? It's simple really. Take for instance a funeral, you wouldn't want to hit on someone there, instead, you would want to hug and console someone.
Or let's say if you are at the movie theater with a group of people, it's probably not the best time to lean over and try hitting on the girl.
Instead, use context clues, hand movements, and gestures, body language, and then, of course, the environment you are in to pick up on when you should and shouldn't be throwing out those cheesy one-liners.
If you see he or she is in a terrible mood and they aren't talking much to anyone, tread carefully. You might make them laugh but you could also make them dislike you because to them, you aren't respecting their feelings at that moment.
It's all about that timing, man.
Intelligent Cheesy Pick-up Lines
1. I know hundreds of Pi digits, but what I really want to know is the 7 digits of your phone number
2. Are you sure we haven't had a class together before? I could have sworn that we had chemistry together.
3. You seem to be traveling at the speed of light because time always seems to stop when I look at you.
4. Scientists have recently discovered a rare new element called Beautium. It looks like you are made of it.
5. Are you my appendix? Because I don't understand how you work but this feeling in my stomach makes me want to take you out.
6. I feel an attraction between the two of us that is more than just our physical gravitation.
7. Does your skin feel burnt? Because I think you must have just fallen down from heaven, and re-entry would have caused some problems for you.
8. I'm attracted to you like the Earth is attracted to the Sun- with a large force inversely proportional to the distance squared.
9. You must be a fossil because I would love to date you.
10. If you go out with me, I promise I won't take you for granted.
11. My favorite element on the periodic table is Uranium because I am in love with U.
12. You must be a red blood cell because you take the oxygen out of my lungs and bring it right to my heart.
13. If there was no gravity on this planet, I would still fall for you.
14. Are you a compound of Beryllium and Barium? Because you're a total BaBe.
15. I wish your name was Avocado, because then I would already know your number.
16. You must he copper because I always CU in my dreams.
17. Your angles must be less than 90 degrees because I think that you are so acute.
18. You must be the square root of two because I'm irrational around you.
Smooth Cheesy Pick-Up Lines
19. I've got a tip for your Tinder. Delete it and go out with me instead.
20. Baby, if you were words on a page, you'd be what they call fine.
21. Is your name Google? Because you have everything I've been searching for.
22. Mario is Red. Sonic is Blue. Press start to join and be my player 2.
23. I like food, you like food, want to go get some food?
24. They say Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth. Well apparently, no one has ever been standing next to you.
25. Would you grab my arm, so I can tell my friends I've been touched by an angel?
26. There's only one thing I want to change about you, and that's your last name.
27. Did the sun come out, or did you just smile at me?
28. Hey, I just realized this, but you look a lot like my next girlfriend.
29. Can I tie your shoes? I don't want you falling for anyone else.
30. Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
31. Hi, how was heaven when you left it?
32. Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?
33. Can I follow you home? Cause my parents always told me to follow my dreams.
34. There must be something wrong with my eyes, I can't take them off you.
35. I'd say God Bless you, but it looks like He already did.
Humorous Cheesy Pick-Up Lines
36. Are you a Pokedex, cause you have everything I'm looking for?
37. You're so pretty, I wouldn't even need to use an Instagram filter if I took your photo.
38. If you were a stop light, I'd turn red every time you passed by, just so I could stare at you.
39. I'm lost. Can you give me directions to your heart?
40. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I pass by again?
41. If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?
42. I'm sorry, were you talking to me? [No] Well then, please start.
43. Was your father a thief? 'Cause someone stole the stars from the sky and put then in your eyes.
44. In a room full of art, you're the only masterpiece that I see.
45. Somebody call the cops because it's got to be illegal to look that good.
46. Hey, Cupid just called and he wants to tell you that he needs my heart back.
47. Are you asthma? Because you take my breath away.
48. Are you caffeine? Because without you, I don't have the energy to last the day.
49. I feel like a library card since I've been totally checking you out.
50. I have had a really bad day and it always makes me feel better to see a pretty girl smile. So, would you smile for me?
51. Your smile lit up the room, so I had to come over.
So there you have it! These are 51 cheesy pick-up lines that you can use on your crush or on someone you have plans on attracting. Whether they're intelligent, smooth, or humorous, you can use any one of these and it's guaranteed to catch their attention.
Pick-up lines are the perfect way to break the ice in a conversation, and if you're lucky, it might even make them laugh! You'll never know unless you try, right?
Testing the Pick-up Lines
Before you cast out that pick-up line, please test the waters. This means not only do you need to check the environment, but you need to know who it is you are trying to reel in. Is she funny? Is she witty and intelligent? Is she naughty?
Believe me, these will matter depending on which line you decide to choose.
Let's say, for instance, you've been crushing on a really intelligent, book smart, nerdy girl with glasses. The last pick-up line you want to use is one that either A. makes fun of smart girls, or B.
talks really dirty and sounds super immature to her. You'll need to use an intelligent and witty line on her to really get her attention, otherwise, you could really risk the chance of losing her altogether.
On the other hand, you might have a really laid back, down to earth chick who loves to laugh and will laugh at the silliest, smallest things. These are the girls you could try a little something more with but still tread carefully if you don't know her sense of humor.
There's something about a really ugly pick-up line that could ruin a relationship before it even starts, so make sure you know the person you are trying to attract.
Pick-up lines are meant to be silly, cheesy, sometimes dirty, and of course, they are meant to attract the person you are casting out your line to. Always be aware of your surroundings when you decide it's time for one of those witty lines, and make sure you're not stepping on anyone's toes or hurting feelings with the words you say.
Unfortunately, there are lots of people who will turn away from you forever over a first impression, so as we said before, make that first impression last - in a positive way.